You guys are all over how rad Moana Hope is, right?
If not, here's a few footy stats about the AFLW star - and now also proud official Remedy Kombucha ambassador - to get you up to speed:
- Started playing senior women's football at thirteen.
- Played representative football for Victoria at age 16.
- Captained the state under 19s team.
- Represented the travelling Australia side in the first women's International Rules Series in 2006.
- Was the first player to kick more than 100 goals in a season in the VFL Women's competition.
- Kicked six goals in the victorious Western Bulldogs side against Melbourne in the 2016 AFL women's all-stars game.
- Signed by Collingwood as one of two marquee players ahead of the AFL Women's inaugural season.
We also hear she was a gun cricketer, representing Victoria until the age of 19 when she chose to focus on footy. Way to make the rest of us really feel like underachievers, huh? ;)
Off the field, Mo is even more inspirational than a list of sporting accolades. If you haven't already watched it, we recommend checking this episode of Australian Story, episode featuring Mo and one of the driving forces behind the AFL Women's league getting off the ground, Susan Alberti.
Aside from kicking killer goals, we love that Mo is as genuine and down to earth as they come. She's all about keeping it real and spreading the word that footy is for everyone. Word.
We are therefore dead set stoked to have her on board the team to help us spread the word that Remedy is for everyone!
And what does Mo love about Remedy? Aside from the fact that our kombucha is I Quit Sugar approved and full of goodness, she says, “I just love the taste of it!”. Hard to argue with that, right?!
Onya Mo! We love ya guts!
Photo by Glenn Hester, featuring Carla McRae mural on Hound & Bone printers