Feel like a fancy drink but not keen on getting boozy? No worries. Allow us to introduce you to the Doozy Hughesy named in honour of Remedy lover Dave Hughes!
Read on for our instructions to recreate it yourself at home.
- 100ml Remedy Kombucha – we recommend Original, but any flavour will work its own magic!
- 50ml orange juice (we recommend freshly squeezed!)
- Fresh thyme
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen!)
- Take a champagne glass
- Fill with around 100ml Remedy Kombucha
- Top with orange juice
- Garnish with a sprig or two of thyme and a few blueberries
- Sip and smile!
Just because you're avoiding booze doesn't mean you have to miss out on the fun when it comes to fancy drinks, right?
Whether you're feb-fasting for a short time, prefer to avoid alcohol altogether, or just feel like enjoying a booze-free bevvie, we reckon a kombucha mocktail is the perfect remedy (see what we did there?).
This lovely concoction - adapted from a recipe by The Core Health - ups the fancy factor big time by featuring flavoured ice cubes and a homemade compote. We guarantee you won't feel like you're missing out one bit.
- 4-5 thyme sprigs (1 tablespoon leaves removed)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 750ml bottle Remedy Kombucha Original
- 1.5 cups organic frozen or fresh blueberries
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Make ice cubes by place 2-3 lavender leaves and 2-3 blueberries in the holes of an empty ice cube tray, cover with filtered water and place in the freezer to set over night.
- To make the blueberry compote combine 1.5 cups of frozen or fresh blueberries with all other ingredients into a small saucepan over a simmering heat.
- Once the berries have been cooked through and stewed for around 5-6 minutes remove from the heat and mash with a fork, allow to cool slightly before stirring in the chia seeds, sit.
- To assemble, add in the ice cubes, a few fresh blueberries plus a lashing of the compote, your spirit of choosing, then top with Remedy Kombucha.
Recipe and images by Samantha Flook, The Core Health.
Let's be real. Many of us don't mind a tipple or two, especially at the end of a long week.
We figure if you're going to be enjoying some booze, you may as well go all out and make it a quality drink. Enter our Remedy Kombucha cocktail recipes: a little naughty and a whole lotta nice.
To kick things off, we've got an Italian classic with a twist: the Remedy Aperol Spritz. Keep on scrollin' for the full recipe.
- 45 ml Aperol
- 80 ml Prosecco
- 80ml Remedy Kombucha Apple Crisp
- Slice of orange
- Pour Aperol into a wine glass and fill with ice
- Top with prosecco and Remedy Kombucha Apple Crisp
- Garnish with slice of orange and a straw
FINITO! Saluti! Adoriamo il tuo budella!... that means "Cheers! We love ya guts!" in Italian... kinda ;)
Props to Leroy from Lulu White for the recipe!