Ferment yo'self the Remedy rainbow with this pickled veg delight! Make a party of pickles or a radiant radish mix with this fermented recipe that is sure to become your new fave. WHO SAYS VEG HAS TO BE BORING!?
KOMBUCHA PICKLED VEG
Makes: 1 x 500g jar
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: NA
- 2 medium red onions (or 3 cups of any thinly sliced vegetable…cucumber, radish, carrot etc.)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup (optional)
- 1 cup Remedy Kombucha, flavour of your choice!
Add the apple cider vinegar, sea salt and rice malt syrup to a small saucepan over medium heat, bringing to a simmer. Stir through until salt has dissolved.
Remove from the heat and add in the vegetables, black peppercorns and mustard seeds. Toss all together and allow to cool.
Once cooled, stir through the kombucha and transfer to jars, packing the onions (or other vegetable) into the jar tightly.
Allow to rest for 1 hour, then transfer to the fridge to store.