One of the perks of having the lovely Jacqueline Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag on board as our Remedy Nutritionist is an inside line to her AH-FREAKIN-MAZING whole food recipes.
We were obviously beyond excited when she was inspired by the launch of our new Cherry Plum kombucha to create a delicious, refined-sugar-free sweet treat that celebrates cherry in all its glory.
This recipe was originally posted on The Brown Paper Bag. Pop over there for stacks of delicious recipes and advice on all things real healthy food and nutrition. Over to you, Jacq...
"Remedy’s Cherry Plum Kombucha is deliciously sweet without being too much so, and on these hot summer days the perfect accompaniment for an icy treat – enter ROAST CHERRY RIPPLE SEMI FREDDO – enjoy!"
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup full cream milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 180g cherries, seeded and halved
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place cherries on tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoons honey and place in oven to cook for 30 minutes.
- Once cherries are cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Make the ice cream by placing greek yoghurt, ricotta, full cream milk, honey and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and whisk together well.
- Pour half the ice cream into a 1L container, swirl through half the cherries and repeat.
- Wrap with glad wrap and place in freezer to set over night.
- Remove and allow to thaw slightly before serving.
- To serve either flip out of tin and slice or scoop and serve with roast stone fruit.
Serves 6 - 8
Banner image by Jacqueline Alwill for The Brown Paper Bag.