What kinda a week is it without Taco Tuesday?! A sad week, that's what. Lucky for us nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish has come up with a gluten free recipe for Taco Tuesdays! Vámonos!
Live Love Nourish Gluten Free Tacos by Casey-Lee Lyons
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 250g ground mince
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Pinch chilli powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2-1 avocado mashed
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Pinch ground cumin
- Pinch salt
- 4 corn tortillas*
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt unsweetened
- 1/2 lemon juiced (or lime)
1. Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat and cook mince stirring frequently, use a fork to break up mince. When mince is almost cooked spoon out any excess oil. Add spices salt and pepper and continue cooking until meat is cooked through.
2. Meanwhile make salsa. In a mixing bowl combine tomatoes, red onion, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Make guacamole. In a small bowl mash avocado with cumin, lime juice and salt.
4. Mix coconut yoghurt with lemon juice. This will be your sour cream alternative.
5. Heat corn tortillas using packet instructions.
6. Layer tortillas with mince, salsa, guacamole, lettuce, coconut yoghurt and coriander. Serve immediately.
To make this recipe vegetarian, swap mince with red kidney beans/ black beans. You can get gluten free corn tortillas from health food stores or check the labels at your local store. Look for ones without preservatives. Or you can swap soft shell wraps for lettuce cups. To make this recipe go further you can also add canned red kidney/ black beans.