If you're still thinking, "hang on, kom-what-cha?!" pop over here to start at the beginning where we answer, "What IS kombucha!?".
We bet the next question is "Right... but WHY is kombucha so good for you?"
As our Remedy Nutritionist, Jacqueline Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag explains in the video above, the goodness of Remedy Kombucha essentially come down to three key components: live cultures, organic acids, and antioxidants in the form of tea polyphenols.
Let’s break it down in a little more detail…
When kombucha is fermented naturally and kept raw, unpasteurised and unfiltered as we do at Remedy, it contains healthy, living, good bacteria, or live cultures.
Remedy Kombucha contains more than 100 million per 100ml of these microorganisms! Yeast of the Saccharomyces genus and bacteria from Acetobacter and Gluconobacter species are just some of the major contributors.
Live cultures can support gut health by:
- Increasing the diversity of your gut flora, aka the good bugs that live in your gut to get things working as they should
- Preventing the growth of bag bugs that make you sick
- Supplying billions of microorganisms that are full of vitamins, minerals and fibre, which the healthy bacteria in your gut use as a food source to produce important metabolites for good health.
Organic acids, also known as short chain fatty acids (SCFAs), are produced during the natural fermentation or brewing process of making kombucha. These are the same acids produced by the healthy bacteria in your gut, supporting your immune system, metabolism and overall health. Organic acids aka short chain fatty acids (SFCAs)
- Prevent overgrowth of bad bugs in your gut.
- Provide an energy source for the good bacteria in your gut.
- Assist in regulating appetite
- Help stabilise blood sugar levels
- Help to regulate cholesterol
Remedy Kombucha is teeming with naturally occurring tea polyphenols, from the organic green and black tea that form the base of our brew. Tea polyphenols are rich in antioxidants which may help the body fight illness.
NO SUGAR, NATURALLY
The beauty of Remedy is that although sugar goes into the initial brew, it gets eaten up by the live cultures during our long-aged traditional fermentation process, maximising those amazing organic acids along the way. Remedy brews out ALL of the sugar, and we test every batch to make sure. This is why we are the only brand to have the official tick of approval from Sarah Wilson’s I Quit Sugar.
SO, LET'S RECAP!
- Live cultures
- Organic acids and tea polyphenols
- No sugar, naturally
Tick, tick, tick!