Sure, she's an amazing athlete. Yeah, she was the first chick to kick 100 goals in a season in the VFL. OK, so she was drafted as a marquee player by Collingwood.
But what we loved most was her story; her commitment; her passion; and her relatable, keepin’ it real attitude.
Just because you're avoiding booze doesn't mean you have to miss out on the fun when it comes to fancy drinks, right?
Whether you're feb-fasting for a short time, prefer to avoid alcohol altogether, or just feel like enjoying a booze-free bevvie, we reckon a kombucha mocktail is the perfect remedy (see what we did there?).
This lovely concoction - adapted from a recipe by The Core Health - ups the fancy factor big time by featuring flavoured ice cubes and a homemade compote. We guarantee you won't feel like you're missing out one bit.
- 4-5 thyme sprigs (1 tablespoon leaves removed)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 750ml bottle Remedy Kombucha Original
- 1.5 cups organic frozen or fresh blueberries
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Make ice cubes by place 2-3 lavender leaves and 2-3 blueberries in the holes of an empty ice cube tray, cover with filtered water and place in the freezer to set over night.
- To make the blueberry compote combine 1.5 cups of frozen or fresh blueberries with all other ingredients into a small saucepan over a simmering heat.
- Once the berries have been cooked through and stewed for around 5-6 minutes remove from the heat and mash with a fork, allow to cool slightly before stirring in the chia seeds, sit.
- To assemble, add in the ice cubes, a few fresh blueberries plus a lashing of the compote, your spirit of choosing, then top with Remedy Kombucha.
Recipe and images by Samantha Flook, The Core Health.
While kombucha as a drink has been around for thousands of years, it is still a relatively mysterious and unknown drink to many people. They turn to the good ol' google machine to find out more and come away either confused or misinformed.
Luckily, you've come to the right place. Team Remedy is here to cut through the fake news and dispel the myths about kombucha!