Looking for more ways to get MORE ginger inya? From Geri Halliwell (aka Ginger Spice) to 'Pretty Woman' Julia Roberts, one thing is clear is that all these babein' raven reds have been slayin' it for centuries.
The dream team at Remedy have rounded up our ALL-time favourite GINGERS. We're clearly getting desperate WFH...
***Please note, these are in no order of favourites - it was too much of a firey debate to resolve***
1. Prince Harry
You cheeky thing you.
2. Julia Roberts
Absolute no brainer for this Pretty Woman.
3. Ginger Spice (aka Geri Halliwell)
Forget BABY SPICE. Hello GINGER.
4. Ed Sheeran
Guilty as charged.
5. Susan Sarandon
"Cause baby there ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough.
Ain't no river wide enough.
To keep me from getting to you babe" **Sobbing at the TV screen.
6. Remedy Kombucha Ginger Lemon
PACKED with real freakin' GINGER and the goodness of tea polyphenols, organic acids and live cultures, this one is a winner.
7. Emma Stone
STONE cold absolute FOX.
8. Ron Weasley
Blimey, he's a loyal lover and an absolutely trustworthy wizardry mate—10/10 from us for this spice ball.
9. Remedy Switchel Blood Orange
Juicy, intense and tangy with just a touch of tartness, Remedy Switchel Blood Orange is one smooth operator that will have you up late sweet-talking about what you gonna do when you 'get outta here'. With it's ACV and GINGER (swipe right) goodness plus the added vitamin C kicker in its blood orange - it's totally worthy of meeting your parents.
Here at Remedy we’re BIG fans of giving booze a break. (Especially after the Christmas/New Years’ crazy!)
Wanna know our top five reasons to dodge the dranks for a month or two? Here they are!
You’ll sleep better
While alcohol may help you nod off, the quality of your sleep will be poorer. Try giving booze the flick and see whether it makes a difference to the quality of your kip!
If you feel a bit down in the dumps or sad, alcohol can make you feel worse because it affects your brain chemistry. Alcohol is a depressant which means it upsets and disrupts the balance of our brains. Give Feb Fast a go and keep a mood diary to see if booting the booze makes a difference.
Alcohol can mess with your immune system making it harder to fight off bugs which is the last thing you need heading into the colder months! Because booze also affects your sleep and mood it can leave you feeling sluggish. Give booze a break and see if you notice a difference in your energy levels.
Alcohol is dehydrating so swap out booze for something more healthy, tasty and hydrating like Remedy Kombucha or Remedy Coconut Water Kefir. Get your glow on girlfriend!
Cut the calories
Booze is FULL of empty calories! Just one beer can contain the same amount of calories as a small block of chocolate and to work off the calories in a glass of white wine, you’d need to walk for just over 2.5km. Yikes! We’re down for exercise but 2.5kms for a vino? Probably not!
Keep posted for our tasty mocktail recipes to get you through February – they’re so tasty you may even make it through to Dry July without an alcoholic bevvie passing your lips!
It’s here. It’s finally here!
The kids are officially bored AF, and you’ve officially run out of every amusement park, play centre, swimming pool and bowling alley in town. It’s back to school time BABY!!!
Sure, this NEVER-ENDING parenting gig doesn’t come to a halt when the school bell rings. There’s still washing, lunch boxing, picking up a fruct tonne of lego, MORE washing, blah, blah, blah, dinner. But we’ve got you covered.
To make the juggle easier – we’ve round up 21 hacks to make this back to school biz a bloody breeze.
- Add a lunchbox note: Score some serious brownie points with the kids by leaving a sweet note in their lunchbox.
- Shoe-shopping hack: If you CBF going shoe shopping with the kids. Trace around their feet on a piece of paper, so you know their size and go without them (brilliant).
- Clothes-prep: Plan a week’s worth of outfits for yourself and the kids every Sunday. You’ll be ready to roll into the week WINNING.
- Create a school bag drop off zone: Forget running around the house for your mini’s drink bottle, hat and reader in the AM and give your kids a bag drop off zone for when they come in HOT late arvo. Helllllo Marie Kondo.
- Breakfast: Keep your breakfast game STRONG and organise everything in the same place for the kids to help themselves to in the morning or for you to grab and go.
- Meal-prep snacks: Meal-prep bite-sized snacks for lunchboxes in BULK and freeze for weeks ahead.
- Get the kids involved: Start early teaching your kids how to make their sandwich each morning. In no time at all, you’ll have one less vegemite sanga to make in the AM.
- Get your Remedy on the regular: Yes, that’s a thing. Sign up here to have booch delivered to your door-step. A healthy fizzy your kids will froff for at lunchtime or after school.
- Shop online: Stop dragging the kids around your local Coles or Woolies and get that shit online. A weekly delivery will give you more time for family time on the freakin’ weekend.
- Snack draws: Create a kid-friendly snack draw in the cupboard and fridge your kids can help themselves to after school. This hack might save you a 1,000 “I’m hungry” nags before dinner is dished.
- Uniform-prep: Put each complete school uniform in a set. I’m talking tops, shorts, socks, jocks – in a draw, taking out a fresh stack the night before, so you’re ready for the tired wrangle in the morn.
- List morning/ arvo routines up: Type up a morning and afternoon routine for your kids to tick off and follow. Example: Brush teeth and hair, pack lunch, fill up water bottle, be a nice mini human, pack schoolbooks etc. They’ll settle back into the school rhythm in no time.
- Keep the bench clean: Don’t leave school forms to clutter on the counter. Fill them out immediately and pop back in their bag, so it’s one less thing outta your buzzin’ brain.
- Easy reminder: Change your phone lock screen to your weekly family schedule. One more reminder, so you don’t forget to pick up the kids again #ParentGuilt.
- Bag bucket: Get a backpack bucket in the car to make commutes easier. Place everything school/activities related into the bucket in the boot, so there’s none of that “I lost my reader” dribble.
- Commute hack: Carpool with other parents in your hood or get walkin’ to get your exercise in for the day.
- Go Eco: Ditch the 50-plastic snack bags a week and invest in a Bento Box or sectional lunchbox. These boxes are time and planet savers! You’ll be saying cya to your sad Salada’s and have a lol dicing like dictator lunches pro Jenny Mollen in no time.
- Keep bathtime to PM: ALWAYS shower/ bath the night before. Unless they wet the bed, you’ve scored yourself another 15-mins in snooze town.
- Home-work ready: Put aside an extra set of school stationery to leave at home in a pencil case, so your kids are ready to deep dive into those equations in the arvo.
- Embrace exercise-snacking: Struggling to get to the gym? Exercise-snacking is a method of structuring exercise into short bouts, with 5 minutes of exercise and 1 minute of rest between each exercise. Ideas: Pop a squat while the toast is cooking, when your kid throws a tanty or while you’re waiting at the school gate.
- Knock off: After a WILD school week…knock off. You bloody deserve it. If you’re wanting a cheeky bevvie – try one of our delish live cultured cocktails to get those Friday feels pumping.
Our hearts are damn heavy for Australia right now watching the absolute devastation of the bushfires continuing. More than ever, this ripper of a country needs our support. We want to do whatever we can to help make it right.
That's why from the 8th – 15th of January, 100% of all online sales globally will be donated to support bushfire relief across Australia.
We’re also working with the legends at Foodbank to donate thousands of much-needed Rem drinks to bushfire victims and emergency responders.
We know SO much more is needed. But it's a start, and we are continuing to explore ways we can help those in need recover and rebuild their lives and land.
Our strength, resilience and good vibes as a community give us hope.
Wanna donate directly?
Here are a few charities supporting bushfire victims and wildlife:
Here are a few money-free ways to help:
Image via the talented @lignestudio.co