Wanna know the ultimate go-to comfort meal for the Remedy Founders? It’s miso chicken! It’s freakin’ tasty and finger-lickin’ goooooood, Better yet, it has whole Condon fam’s tick of approval (yep, kids and all). Make this Japanese deliciousness when you next need a pep in your step or speedy weeknight meal.
Condon Comforts: Miso chicken
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup white miso (the rice culture brand is the Condon fam’s miso fave)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Black pepper, to taste
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs, approximately 1kg.
- Heat oven to 200°C Combine butter, miso, honey, rice vinegar and black pepper in a large bowl and mix with a spatula or spoon until it is well combined.
- Add chicken to the bowl and massage the miso-butter mixture all over it. Place the chicken in a single layer in a roasting pan and slide it into the oven. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, turning the chicken pieces over once or twice, until the skin is golden brown and crisp, and the internal temperature of the meat is 160 to 165 degrees.
Recipe originally published on https://cooking.nytimes.com/