We are committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage PID. We have also adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your PID.
Where the PDPA and APPs contradict and/or conflict; we will abide by the stricter of the either Acts.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au.
A copy of the Personal Data Protection act may be obtained from Personal Data Protection Commission Singapore at www.pdpc.gov.sg.
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and “personal information and data” means information or data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of PID which we may collect from you include name, residential address, email address, phone, fax number.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
4. We generally do not collect your PID unless
- it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your PID to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your PID for those purposes, or
- collection and use of PID without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional PID and before using your PID for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law)
5. We may collect and use your PID for any or all of the following purposes:
- performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with us;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. We may disclose your PID:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you; or
- to third party service providers, agents and other organizations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above mentioned purposes.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
8. Sensitive information is defined to include information or opinion about such things as an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
9. Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
CONSENT AND WITHDRAWL OF CONSENT
10. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your PID will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your PID for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
11. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within twenty-one (21) business days of receiving it.
12. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
13. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose PID where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
14. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the PID which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your PID, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your PID which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
15. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
16. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within twenty-one (21) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any PID or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
17. To safeguard your PID from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as encryption, and disclosing PID both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
18. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
19. Information of services used:
- Magento: Our store is hosted by Magento. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows the sale of goods and services. Your data is store through Magento’s data storage, databases and the general Magento application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- Payment Gateway: Our payment gateway provider is Braintree. This is encrypted service. Your transactional data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is then deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
20. We generally rely on PID provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your PID is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your PID by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
21. We may retain your PID for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
22. We will cease to retain your PID, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the PID was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
23. You may contact our Data Protection Office as our point of contact for any enquiries, feedback on our privacy policies and procedures. If you wish to make any request by contacting us:
Contact Number: + 65 6221 7056
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 315 Outram Road, Tan Boon Liat Building #05-03, Singapore 169074
24. This applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your PID by us.
Effective date : 13/06/2019
Last updated : 13/06/2019
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are stored within your internet browser by the websites that you visit. In a similar way to many other websites, RemedyDrinks.com places cookies on your device to understand more about your visit and help us to enhance your experience.
Cookies are used for various aspects of functionality such as keeping track of the items in your shopping bag, learning more about how you arrived at our website and to store your preferences.
See below for the types of cookies we use.
COOKIE TYPES THAT REMEDY DRINKS USES:
These are cookies that our website needs in order to function and if they are not accepted by you, parts of the site won’t be usable. The type of thing these cookies are used for are to store how many items are in your shopping cart.
Third Party Cookies
If you would like to disable these cookies information on how to switch off this feature is below.
We use various software tools that allow us to study, and then improve, how customers interact with our website - this is known as website analytics. Examples of analytical tools that we use are: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and User Replay.
Analytics cookies allow us to understand more about how many visitors we have to the website, how many times people visit RemedyDrinks.com and how many times a user viewed specific webpages within our site. Although analytics cookies allow us to gather specific information about the pages that you visit and whether you have visited the Remedy website multiple times, we cannot use them to find out details such as your name or address.
HOW CAN I MANAGE MY COOKIES?
If you do not want to accept cookies from RemedyDrinks.com, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you choose to do this, please be aware RemedyDrinks.com may no longer function as intended.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies; https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
CAN I TURN MY COOKIES OFF?
All popular browsers (e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge and Safari) allow you to amend your cookie settings so that cookies are no longer enabled across all websites that you visit. You can find information explaining how to change your cookies setting for the main browsers in the ‘Where to find information about controlling cookies’ section at the Information Commissions website; https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
For any queries regarding your visit to RemedyDrinks.com, please get in contact with us by emailing email@example.com.