- 11 October, 2014
Easter Bunny Bread
Looking for a healthier option this Easter that's DAMN tasty? Remedy nutritionist Jacqueline Alwill whipped us up this Easter Bunny Bread we couldn't help but share!
Easter Bunny Bread by Jacqueline Alwill
Gluten Free, Vegetarian
Makes 1 loaf, serves 8-10
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or 1/3 maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 cup (75g) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) gluten free flour or spelt flour (for those not gluten free)
- 1 cup shredded or flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 170c and line a loaf tin (12x24cm) with greaseproof paper.
2. Whisk together olive oil, coconut sugar, eggs, spices, baking powder, bicarbonate soda in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
3. Add dark chocolate, sultanas, gluten free flour and grated carrot and mix to combine. Pour into lined loaf tin and place in oven to cook for 45-55 minutes.
4. Cool in tin for 20 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving!