- 12 July, 2020
MUNG BEAN PUMPKIN KALE SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
And just like that, we’re in 2020. Forget reflecting on 2019 (and that bad lower back tattoo... Becky) and embrace the New Year cheer. With eating better at the top of our resolution lists, we asked our good mate, and Remedy nutritionist Jacqueline Alwill to throw us her salad to end all salads. So if you’re 15 days deep into a plant-based diet or want to make friends with salad for once and all - try this Mung Bean, Pumpkin & Kale salad today. It’s easy. It’s delicious. It won’t disappoint!
Mung Bean Pumpkin Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing by Jacqueline Alwill
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
Servings: 4 - 6 as a side
- 1 cup of mung beans, cooked until tender
- 2 cups marinated kale
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup mixed toasted sunflower seeds and pepitas
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice + 2 teaspoon finely grated zest
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup mint leaves or other herbs on hand- coriander/parsley will work well, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin pieces
- 1/4 cup dukkah
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Sea salt & black pepper
1. Toss cooked mung beans, marinated kale, celery, sunflower seeds, pepitas, almonds, lemon juice, zest, evoo and herns in a bowl with a good pinch of salt and black pepper.
2. Lightly toss through the pumpkin.
3. Arrange half the salad on a serving platter, sprinkle with half the dukkahand half the tahini then repeat and serve.
*If you can't find dried mung beans, chickpeas work just as well. To marinate kale: pull leaves from the stem and chop into bite sized pieces, then place into a bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice, add a good pinch of sea salt and massage into leaves to marinate and tenderise.