- 13 July, 2034
Raw Nut-Free Lamington Slice
Back to school is here. It's that time of year when Pinterest's search tool gets a hammering by mums desperately seeking new lunchbox inspiration. It's gotta be nut-free, vegan, gluten-free yet still tasty enough for your child to not use it as a makeshift ball in a game of 4-square. With a few mums in the Remedy office – we know the panic stations of back to school are REAL. So, we threw it over to Remedy nutritionist, super mum and all-around legend, Jacqueline Alwill to share one of her favourite lunchbox snacks and BOY did she deliver with this Nut-free Lamington Slice!
Raw Nut-Free Lamington Slice by Jacqueline Alwill
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Raw, Nut Free
Makes 25 pieces
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Extra desiccated coconut, for sprinkling on top
1. Place ingredients for base in a food processor and blitz to a crumb, then press into a lined 25x25cm cake tin or dish.
2. Blend ingredients for sponge in the food processor until it comes together, then press on top of base.
3. Whisk together ingredients for chocolate in a bowl and pour over the top of the coconut, sprinkle with extra coconut and place in freezer to set for 3-4 hours.
4. Slice into pieces and serve. Store in fridge or freezer up to 2 weeks.