We have a delicious range of Remedy bevvies these days, but one of our all time faves is Remedy Switchel ACV. Back in ye ol’ days, farmers threw back an ice cold glass of switchel to quench their thirst and rehydrate before getting back out into the field.
While most of the Remedy team aren’t hardcore (or even softcore) farmers, we found Remedy Switchel ACV to be the perfect way to rehydrate after going hard after a footy game, yoga sesh or even a big night out!
But what makes this classic bevvie oh so good? Let’s break down the ingredients behind Remedy Switchel ACV.
Apple cider vinegar (ACV)
ACV is an ingredient close to our hearts, jam-packed full of goodness found in a few of our signature Remedy bevvies. On its own, a shot of ACV is akin to a shot of tequila when you’re hungover - it’s an assault to your tastebuds and makes you question your life choices.
But when paired with our other delish ingredients, you won’t even notice it’s acidic, vinegary taste and you can reap all the health benefits:
- Just like booch has SCOBY, raw, organic, and unpasteurised ACV has this thing called the mother. Rich in natural proteins, healthy bacteria and acetic acid, the mother can be great for your gut! #ThanksMum
- ACV is damn good at regulating the amount of acid in your tum. Too much acid can = bloating, discomfort, and nausea. Regulating your acid can = no bloating, discomfort, or nausea.
- Blood sugar spikes can be caused by high-carb meals and can lead to all sorts of funky (and not in a good way) symptoms. ACV can be great for stabilising your blood sugar, which is why we love throwing back a Remedy Switchel ACV before a carby meal.
Who doesn’t love a daily dose of ginger? Okay, we know ginger can be a bit overpowering to some, but it can be oh-so good for your overall health. Wanna know how?
- Ginger is known to be rooted (get it?) in immunity goodness. Not only does it support digestion and reduce inflammation, it is also believed to help protect against chronic disease and boost recovery from more widespread illnesses like common colds and flu.
- Gingerol, a natural component of ginger root, is known to benefit gastrointestinal motility. No idea what that is? Put simply, it can speed up the process of food leaving the stomach, so food doesn’t linger as long in the gut.
- Ginger can reduce inflammation in the body, but the how of it all gets a bit technical. It has a lot to do with chemical substances and salicylates, so maybe just trust us on this one!
Who knew your Sunday morning lemon and sugar pancakes would be good for you? Well, the lemon juice part of that equation certainly can be, because lemon juice is known to be:
- Lemons are a great source of Vitamin C, which can be excel-lem(on)-t (too far?) for battling infections, healing wounds and supporting your overall immunity.
- See a theme here? All of these key ingredients to Remedy Switchel ACV can be great for your digestion, with the soluble fibre in lemons called pectin thought to promote the production of digestive enzymes in the liver. Without being too TMI, this is thought to help your bowels they way they’re meant to.
- Good for your pancakes! It had to be said…
ACV + ginger + lemon juice = the dream team for a better for you bevvie. It’s time to give your overall health and wellbeing a boost with a Remedy Switchel ACV. Go on, we know you want to.