Winter is reserved for carbs. It’s just a fact. Potato bake, a hearty spag bol, a spiced pumpkin soup (with deliciously buttered bread for dipping - a crime to eat it any other way).
This is what we thought, anyway, until we had a yarn with George Eats who taught us how we can mix it up in the cooler months with a mouthwatering citrus salad. And, well, its changed the game.
Take it away, George!
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Remedy Kombucha Orange Squeeze
For the salad:
- 1/2 – 1 head of radicchio, sliced
- 1/2 large fennel, mandolined or finely sliced
- 3-4 watermelon radishes or regular radishes, mandolined or finely sliced
- 1 bunch of mint, chopped
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup pitted olives
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 180g – 200g feta, crumbled
- 3-4 Medjool dates, pip removed and finely chopped
- Small handful of pistachios
- 3-4 large oranges, peeled and sliced
Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a medium sized jar and gently shake to combine. The kombucha is fizzy, so don’t go overboard with the shaking! Taste and adjust for seasoning, then set aside.
Arrange all the ingredients, except for the oranges and feta, on a large serving platter. Pour over most of the dressing and toss to combine and coat.
Add the orange slices and feta and toss very gently to combine. These two are prone to breaking up in the salad if tossed excessively, which is why we add them last.
Finish with the leftover dressing and some extra seasoning and serve.